Saturday, November 3, 2012

Too Many Carbs...

I received in the mail today my new bamboo bathroom scale from Amazon.com and weighed myself and solidified the thoughts that have been going through my head recently: I'm too obsessed with carbs these days.

I've been very excited to learn all this great new information about baking gluten free that I've been whipping up pizza after pizza. It can be easy to forget: even though its gluten free it still has carbs in it. And all these carbs I've been experimenting with, well, it hasn't exactly been living life either spherically or moderately. Thus, I am going to be cutting out the carbs for a few weeks, to reset my metabolism - my body is clearly very much addicted to the carbs right now and I have to put it through carb rehab. I'm not going to start today; I need to go buy healthy carb-free groceries first. Plus I have just purchased the ingredients to make something I've been dying to try - Gluten Free Naan! But I have it marked on my calendar: 17 November, 2012. No more carbs, end of story. At least for two weeks - just long enough to get my body over the carb addiction. Then I'll start adding them back into my diet in healthier qualities and quantities; spherical and moderate carbs.

I'll be posting more about my understanding of carbs, metabolism, and health in the next month or so. Plus updates upon my success in getting back into my clothes from before I got really sick two years ago and started this decent into carb addiction (my body did literally need tons of them for a while, but not for a while now).

I have a recipe on my radar for a rutabaga and edamame dish, as well as leek and mushroom soup. I have some favourite carb free recipes to pull out for you as well. Start looking forward to more amazing veggie-based recipes!


Update:
Even though I had good intentions, this hasn't happened. That being said, I am trying to eat far less carbs and more protein and vegetables. I will hopefully be able to do this full metabolism reset come January 1st, I've realised that I just have too many other factors in my life right now to commit to something like this. (11/23/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment