Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gluten Intolerance

I've been having digestive problems most of my life, but especially so for the last two years. I originally started trying to eat more gluten free grains in order to have a more rounded diet that included a variety of grains, but I've noticed that my digestive system has been a lot better. I've tested it out a couple times - eating gluten after not eating it for several days - and I would very quickly start to have a lot of pain in my abdomen. This has pretty well confirmed that I have developed a gluten allergy. (My doctor has tested me to be sure its not Celiac.) So, I am going to be continuing my exploration and learning about how to successfully bake with gluten free grains (just more balanced with protein and vegetables than I have been lately) and will be posting the knowledge I gain through these experiments.

I am also in the process of developing some key resources for gluten free cooking and will be posting them and updating them as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment