Saturday, October 20, 2012

I haven't disappeared!

So, the job ended up being a little too much for me; forty hours after zero hours for two years (illness related) was a bit too much of a leap back into working. I found I had no balance in life, which is part of the whole SpherMod lifestyle I'm trying to develop here to keep myself mentally and physically healthy. I was literally doing nothing but working! I would get home from work, let the dog out, scrounge for something to eat (usually not healthy), and fall asleep within an hour of getting home. On my days off I'd catch up on much needed rest and try, unsuccessfully, to get caught up on choirs. Dishes piled up, my bathroom went nearly three months without cleaning (gross!), and I rarely made it to the grocery store. (Not to mention the job had the worst ergonomics ever - two months and I developed carpal tunnel!)


Now, I'm looking for work again, but this time I am limiting myself to part-time work so that I can maintain the life-work balance I desperately need. The only challenge with that is being able to have a great enough hourly rate that I can pay my rent ($695). I've calculated that if I make $10/hour (what I was making at my last two jobs) and work twenty-five hours per week, after taxes I'll have just enough for rent and utilities. I'll be dependant upon food stamps, which I'll hopefully still qualify for, and live very slim, but I'll be able to keep a roof over my head - the most important goal.

Now I'm back to blogging more regularly again, finishing up the posts I had started before the job started, and working on some great new recipes including an idea for a savoury autumn pizza featuring: pumpkin!

Posting more ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment